As I have mentioned before, I really love reading articles on LinkedIn regarding leadership, management, and marketing. There has been a buzz word the past 6 months or so on LinkedIn and that buzz word is “content marketing.” Okay, so it’s actually two words, but still it’s something a lot of…
I did get some feedback, and since then have also spoken with my boss and the career center to describe what I do as an RA. I’m also an SRA so there are some supervisory skills on my resume as well. Here is what I have put down for my RA job:
- Advocate student needs and concerns to college administration
- Act as a liaison between students and campus resources
- Administer and schedule bi-monthly staff meetings
- Create and manage monthly content marketing campaigns to address student concerns regarding community and social justice
- Manage a $400 budget to develop and facilitate bi-monthly community development programs
- Presented workshop on social media use at annual regional conference
- Keynote Speaker at for 2013 Northern RAP — an annual conference for students in Residential Life
- Mentors and supervises 10 Resident Assistants on staff
- Maintain professionalism and confidentiality when dealing with residents
Is there something specific you feel is really awesome that you do that you wish you could put on your resume? Also, reach out to your boss after a month or so on the job and ask him/her how she would present the job on the resume :)
This is what I have on mine:
• Advised and counseled students who live on my assigned floors in subjects such as financial support, diversity and inclusion, health and wellness, time management, academic success, sexuality, depression, and the use of resources
• Encouraged a positive residential environment through floor community building programs such as Secret Buddy, Progressive dinners, and Thank yOU week
• Produced educational bulletin boards, instructed programs, and spent nights on duty as a policy enforcer
• Encouraged students to broaden their horizons and attend events in order to help increase student involvement in school-sponsored activities
(I’m in the secondary education/teaching field, so these relate to getting students motivated/inspired/help).
Hey guys - here’s a photo of one of my classroom bulletin boards. This idea can definitely be used for res life boards too though.
All right; so I lovvve love love make-shift dry erase boards. They’re awesome and fun. This one’s super easy. Buy picture frames from the dollar store (or gather them from your house, whatever), put some fun paper/card stock in the frames, stick a push pin in the board, and hang the frames. Now you can write what ever you want in the frames!
Or, you could even turn this new white board into a game!
Here is a game (Magic Balloon) that might be fun:
Even a game of tic tac toe could work.
The possibilities are endless. Have a ball. (:
So guys, I feel bad; I seem to regularly get new followers, however, I barely go on here any more and am not really updating any more because I was no a Resident Assistant this last year (due to the fact that I am no longer on campus and was student teaching).
I am not stopping you from following me, but at the same time me not posting things means that you don’t get any posts from me!
Are there any ideas for things you’d like to see/things I can post? I have a few teaching things that may, or may not, be applicable to res life and that you could use - but other than that, what would you like to see me posting??
Allow your residents to show off their personalities. Perhaps allow them to add the picture to the door decoration.
Thoughts? Reply to OP in comments or by reblogging please.
Go ahead and check out my blog; it’s either all reblogged posts of various things, or I have posted examples of all of my old door decs that I had made. Or visit my Pinterest for more ideas:
Library Themed Door Decs:
Good luck potions I made for my residents during exams! (:
How to impress potential employers in 30 seconds!